The station at Portorož can be reached through the Valeta Tunnel under the Lucan Hill. The 544 metres long tunnel is the longest one on the Parenzana. The station building was the only one not built for the needs of the railway, but it was a hired small private villa on the slopes of Fižina and St. Martin Hills that offer a beautiful view over the entire Portorož coast. The station was opened on 15 April 1904 in order to encourage visit to the new bathing and spa resort at Portorož, which at that time was in full bloom.
To date, only some railway signs in the building, typical hand pump for water and a nearby underpass have been preserved.